Sunday, July 24, 2005

Flickr Favs: Reflected Tree

Reflected Tree

Well, I'm back! What a wonderful sight greeted me as I opened up my blog for the first time to see all those lovely photographs together at once. I am really impressed with all the different styles and types of photography - of course I am not surprised by the quality since I knew what you guys can do (that is why I chose you!)

A big thank you to you all!

I am delighted with all the images. If you have not already, please check out these blogs:I am still on vacation this week, though I now have access to the internet. In order to keep it simple and, hopefully give a little variety with some quality, I am posting some of my most favourited images from Flickr which have not yet been posted here.

You can see a few others with 10 or more favs which have already been posted here:


Here is the first one - I took this on a business trip to Dayton Ohio about two years ago. This is of course Rock's neck of the woods!

The question is, where am I?

14 Comments:

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Welcome back! It was lovely to see the different styles of photography in your absence.

I looked at this shot for a while and the last thing I saw was the tree! The colours, reflections and distortions just took over the scene...

24/7/05 12:36  
Anonymous Rock said...

Hello Mr. Ian! Welcome back and thanks for letting me sub for you - a real honor.

Well, I won't tell where you are in this image because I've already read your comment on Flickr.

Once again welcome back to the Net and I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

24/7/05 12:57  
Blogger F. Vissault said...

Welcome back Ian! I love this reflection shot. Where you are? I have answer on your flickr site!

24/7/05 14:04  
Anonymous Lara Barrett said...

Again, welcome back, Ian! I hope your trip went wonderfully!

The reflections in this are so great, and I love how you've lined up the tree...I missed this one in your Flickr stream, so I can take a guess I suppose...where you in the tree? Hmmmm...probably not, but who knows? Perhaps you are an avid tree-climber! :)

Now I must go take a peek and find out the answer...

24/7/05 15:23  
Blogger beth castillo-winsor [bcw] said...

Looks like you've been busy eh? Glad you're back!

24/7/05 15:50  
Blogger Chantal said...

Welcome back!!!

24/7/05 16:46  
Blogger K Murphy J said...

Welcome back (or, er, welcome to the part of your vacation where you came back to US - lol!) Great photo. Reminds me of a Mondrian painting in photo-cells. :)

24/7/05 17:10  
Anonymous outdoorexposure said...

really nice distortion shape and texture of this refelction shot...beautiful color also
btw welcome back!..during your getaway all your friends posted excellent photos. i really enjoy them all, thank u and all your freinds for sharing :-)

24/7/05 22:53  
Anonymous Paul said...

Welcome back! And what a wonderful image to bring you back. I love reflections, and this is fabulous. Haven't a clue where it is, though.

25/7/05 01:05  
Blogger .:: Rosh ::. said...

Welcome back Ian..Looking forward to see all the wonderful pics.

25/7/05 01:42  
Blogger Srikanth said...

welcome back.
this is a beautiful, bright reflection with vibrant colours, full of life.

25/7/05 10:43  
Anonymous David Kapp said...

Welcome back Ian! I'm glad to hear the first part of the vacation has gone well.

Thanks again for asking me to post. I had a great time with it, and will gladly do it again if you need me.

Dave

25/7/05 20:07  
Blogger pilgrim said...

Hello Ian, welcome back! Crazy reflections here! About the question of where were you in this picture, elemmental! In Dayton :) . Seriously: not a clue.

26/7/05 16:35  
Blogger anand said...

Ian

Just discovered your blog. I love such photos :).

Your daughter's photo is awesome too.

Will watch your blogs.

anand

http://blog.anands.net

26/7/05 20:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home